Reasons for booking a sleep assessment with COMMUNITY SLEEP COACH INC:
- You are sleeping poorly or are told by a bed partner that this is the case.
- You think you are sleeping soundly but wake unrefreshed and are tired during the day.
- You require information about various forms of sleep testing.
- You have had sleep testing performed but do not understand what the results mean.
- You have obtained treatment for a sleep disorder but are struggling with therapy.
- You are compliant with your current treatment but feel no improvement in your symptoms.
- You are concerned about a family member’s/friend’s sleep and simply want some education on the topic of sleep disorders and the negative health risks associated with these conditions.
Types of sleep consultations available:
- In-person Initial Sleep Consult: Comprehensive sleep assessment which incorporates patient intake form, detailed sleep questionnaire concerning sleep hygiene, nocturnal behaviour & complaints, Epworth Sleepiness Score, Insomnia Severity Index and Body Mass Index. Based on the above information, we can deduce whether the patient exhibits symptoms of a sleep disorder and which type of disorder it may be. Recommendations can be made regarding the need for improved sleep hygiene or the need for sleep testing to confirm diagnosis.
- In-person Follow-up Sleep Consult: Consequent visit to discuss recommendations. Provide counselling & education focusing on improving sleep quality & habits. Review of any sleep test & investigation results not available previously. Provide additional assessment as necessary and adjust sleep recommendations accordingly.
- Remote Sleep Consult: A convenient alternative for out-of-town patients requiring sleep assessment and sleep counselling. For video conference, you will require a computer, printer, scanner/fax, and access to Skype. For those without a Skype account, a simple phone consultation is also available.
- Mobile and Corporate Sleep Clinics: Offered to medical clinics/companies/facilities/schools on-site. Fee will depend on the size of the organization and associated travel costs.